We believe in entrepreneurs who distinguish themselves through their personal and professional achievements and who surround themselves well to attain their objectives.
You must be supported by a start-up incubator, a business accelerator or a committee comprised of experienced people.
We support projects that provide innovative products or services that solve real problems here and elsewhere. Your aim should be meeting market needs and doing so more effectively than others.
Our investments are based on structured and realistic business plans with clear development milestones and well-defined human, material and financial resources that ensure execution.
We focus on exportable projects that showcase Quebec's know-how and creativity abroad.
We seek simple corporate structures conducive to investment with realistic medium-term profitability objectives.
Fonds Innovexport invests through convertible debt or equity. Investment amounts vary from $50,000 to $1 million for each round of funding, up to a maximum of $3 million per business. Amounts are determined according to required resources to attain each significant development milestone. Fonds Innovexport generally invests in successive installments based on these development milestones.
Ineligible Business Sectors or Companies:
- Farming and forestry operations
- Mining operations and exploration
- Biotechnology (development of pharmaceutical and therapeutic products)
- Financing for construction projects and purchase or management of real estate
- Brick and mortar retail sales such as shops
- Businesses involving sexual, religious, political and similar activities
- Companies with legal, environmental, ethical or governance issues
- Any project of a company that already has the required financial resources